I need to clear something up. I am not now, nor have I ever been, a vegan. Everything you’ve been told is a lie. That said, I do have an inordinate fascination with, and love of, vegan food. To that end, I’ve been trolling for vegan recipes, and man, have I found a doozy for you. Behold!
Vegan Blueberry Banana Oat Cakes
Serves one to two people.
1 large banana, very ripe
1/2 c rolled oats
1/4 c brown sugar
A lot of cinnamon
1/2 c fresh blueberries
1. Mash the banana.
2. Add the oats, brown sugar and cinnamon; stir to combine.
3. Gently fold in the blueberries.
4.Pour the batter into a ramekin or small, flat dish. Tupperware works fine here.
5. Microwave for 4 minutes. It should be juicy but crispy, like a fruit crisp.
6. Let the dish rest for a few minutes. It will be extremely hot, and the oats need to set.
7. Transfer to a plate and serve, or eat right out of the container! I top mine with well-placed dashes of salt, to contrast with the sugary sweetness.
Many thanks to Averie of Love Veggies and Yoga for her delicious recipe and her inspirational abs!